Accessing the data
The quantitative data used for quality management purposes is delivered through the reporting software, Tableau. Access for all users is via a secure permission-based account. De Montfort University's (DMU's) collaborative partner institutions (both UK and overseas) are able to view their own performance data remotely. The university's external examiners also have remote access to the data to inform judgements about the appropriateness and comparability of academic standards and student performance.
Supported across all platforms, Tableau forms part of the university’s single sign-on service delivered via the staff portal which is available both on campus and externally. A free Tableau app is also available for tablet devices.
To request an account, please send your completed Tableau access request form to DAQTableau@dmu.ac.uk. Once access is in place, follow the prompts below to log in:
- Log in to the DMU staff portal: https://staffportal.dmu.ac.uk using your DMU ITMS single sign-on username and password (this should be your standard main network logon details)
- Select the ‘Systems’ tab across the top
- Scroll down to the ‘Reporting’ section
- Click on the ‘Tableau’ link
- (Alternatively, you can go directly to: http://tableau.dmu.ac.uk)
- Once within Tableau, choose the 'Information about students' site if multiple options are presented on first use
- Select '2) Reporting portals'
- Select the 'Academic quality portal'
- Once within the portal you can select to work with the available dashboards within any of the areas of reporting available to filter student performance and profiling data for either an individual or collection of modules/programmes
A full step-by-step screenshot instruction guide to accessing Tableau for DMU staff is also available.
Collaborative partner staff and external examiners
Tableau accounts will be created for collaborative partner staff and external examiners, with full log on instructions provided. The default password is your date of birth (DD/MM/YY format) – this can be changed upon first use. If you have forgotten your logon details or need your account resetting, please contact DAQTableau@dmu.ac.uk.
Once access is in place, follow the step-by-step screenshot instructions in the guide to accessing Tableau data for external examiners/collaborative partner staff.