myDMU is a personalised, online system designed to support De Montfort University (DMU) students while they study. This award-winning software complements the facilities provided by Blackboard.
Once registered with the university, students receive a DMU IT e-account. After choosing an ID and password, you can then access myDMU, Blackboard, the virtual learning environment, email and other electronic services. The information provided by myDMU is tailored to your individual needs.
myDMU allows you to:
- Receive university news and messages targeted to you, your faculty and course
- Directly access relevant information and learning materials on Blackboard
- Communicate with other students and staff through email
- Get marks and assessment results
- Update personal information
- View class timetables by course and module
- Check examination timetables
- Create personal development records and record appointments with personal tutors
- View your university financial account information including bursaries and grants
- Link to library electronic services
- Review regulations and handbooks
- Use the accommodation and housing finder
- Look at sports and fitness information
- Link to the De Montfort University Students’ Union (DSU) website
- Vote for DSU officers and student representatives
- Contact the student representative for your course
- Make and access personal bookmarks
- Give feedback on university services and complete surveys
- View training records and keep records of discussions with supervisors
myDMU can be accessed online from any computer, on or off campus, 24/7, all year round.
The software that drives myDMU, uPortal, is now used across the world. It is the largest and most successful open source web portal and won the 2007 EDUCAUSE award. Among the hundreds of partners are the following universities: Yale, Columbia, Cornell, Stockholm, California and Edinburgh.
DMU was funded by the government to trial the software in the UK. Find out about the original MLE research project.