Blackboard Mobile Learn App
Staff and students at DMU can now download the Blackboard Mobile Learn app to access Blackboard on an iOS (iPhone operating system), Android, or Blackberry device.
In Blackboard Mobile Learn you can:
- View Content
- View Announcements
- Use the Discussion Board, blogs and journals
- Take tests that have been specially created for use from the mobile app
- See My Grades (if your Blackboard course is using this)
In general, most Blackboard features will work from Apple or Android devices but fewer features work from Blackberry or other types of mobile. Find more here on features available on different devices.|
Useful Guidance here by Edge Hill University on making courses mobile-friendly|
For more detailed information of features see Blackboard's features page|.
To get Blackboard Mobile:
It is free to download the Blackboard app.
1. You can download the app by either accessing the App Store, Google Play, or Blackberry App World and search for ‘Blackboard Mobile’.
2. Download the app.
3. Open it and search for 'De Montfort University'
4. Enter your usual Blackboard login details to access Blackboard.
For more information about Blackboard Mobile Learn and how to download the app for your mobile device click here|.
The following demos are provided by Blackboard. Each is available in either Flash or Quicktime.
Using Other Blackboard Features
Some features are not available using the mobile app or will open in your device's web browser:
- Work cannot be submitted to Turnitin assignments or Blackboard assignments.
- Tests may open in a browser, unless they have been specifically created for use from the mobile app.
- Virtual Classroom and Chat do not work.
- Some content will only work on devices with Flash, for example Adobe Presenter presentation.
- Video and audio clips may be slow to download.
- You can only open files that have been attached using the Attached Files feature in Blackboard, Note, you will only be able to open attached files (e.g. Word or PDF documents) if your device can display that type of file.
- Module pages such as the Home page in the default view template do not work.
Please Note: Depending on your mobile phone tariff, you may get charges on your mobile bill for data. If you are unsure about your tariff and charges, we recommend speaking to your mobile phone network before installing. Blackboard Mobile is provided on a "use at your own risk" basis.