Job: VC2020 Senior Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering
School/department: School of Engineering and Sustainable Development
Research group(s): Centre for Engineering Science and Advanced Systems (CESAS)
Address: The Gateway, Leicester, LE1 9BH
T: +44 (0) 116 257 7028
Social Media: uk.linkedin.com/in/engrfarukh
Dr Farukh holds an MSc and PhD in Mechanical Engineering from Loughborough University, he is a Chartered Engineer and is a Member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers. His research is primarily concerned with the performance of materials and structures in their service life including metallic alloys, fibrous networks and biomaterials. He applied novel experimental and modelling methods to better understand the behaviour of materials/structures, under complex loading environments. He has worked as a postdoctoral research associate at Loughborough University, before joining De Montfort University as a lecturer in 2016.
Mechanics of Materials
- Mechanics and micromechanics of fibrous networks
- Multiscale computational modelling of tissues and nonwoven fibrous networks
- Fracture, fatigue and creep of advanced materials
- Mechanics of bones and biomaterials
- Oxidation-assisted fatigue and creep crack initiation and propagation
- Finite-element analysis of complex deformational behaviour, damage and fracture of advanced materials under various loading conditions
ENGD3016-2016-Y Solid Mechanics
ENGT5258-2016-1 Advanced Solid Mechanics
DMU is a dynamic university, read about what we have been up to in our latest news section.
At DMU there is always something to do or see, check out our events for yourself.
Read about our mission and vision and how these create a supportive and exciting learning environment.