Job: Lecturer in Biological Chemistry and Cheminformatics
Faculty: Health and Life Sciences
School/department: Leicester School of Pharmacy
Address: De Montfort University, The Gateway, Leicester, LE1 9BH
T: +44 116257 7631
Philippe is a Lecturer in Biological Chemistry and Cheminformatics in the Leicester School of Pharmacy at De Montfort University. Achieving First Class Honours in an Undergraduate Masters of Chemistry at the University of Bath, he progressed to complete a Ph.D under the supervision of Professor Ian H. Williams within the Computational Chemistry Section at Bath. His work focussing on isotope effect calculations and the link between models and supramolecular systems, Philippe moved to DMU to further develop the theory and basis of contemporary isotope effect calculations. Working with groups across the UK and Europe, the Computational Biochemistry section at DMU is swiftly progressing, with work ranging from in depth electronic structure theory, through to biomineralisation and nucleation processes.
Philippe is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, Associate Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry, and regularly attends conferences across the UK and EU to present novel and innovative research. In 2017, Philippe was elected by Council vote to serve as a Member of the Royal Society of Biology.
To see a full list of Philippe's publications and outputs please click here.
Biological Chemistry and Cheminformatics
- Isotope Effects in Chemistry and Biology
- Computational Inorganic Catalysis
- Electronic structure method development
- Computational prediction of experimental spectra
AIMS Isotope Meeting 2017 - Rennes, FR
- ARCHER Instant Access Project: Quantum Chemical Aspects of Reaction Dynamics: 1500 kAu
- SITA Funded "Multicomponent High-Resolution NMR Evaluations of African Virgin/Extra Virgin Sunflower Oils": with M.Grootveld - £53,100
- ITC UN "High-Resolution 1H and 13C NMR Investigations of the Molecular Nature and Authenticities of African Virgin Sunflower Oil Products": with M. Grootveld ~ £60,000
DMU is a dynamic university, read about what we have been up to in our latest news section.
At DMU there is always something to do or see, check out our events for yourself.
Read about our mission and vision and how these create a supportive and exciting learning environment.