1. Science Without Borders International Presentation; XXI Semana de Ciência, Tecnologia e Cultura (CIENTEC 2015) (XXI Week of Science, Technology and Culture); Universidad Federal do Rio Grande do Norte (Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte); Natal, RN –Brazil; 20-23rd October 2015 "Síntese e avaliação da atividade antimicrobiana e antioxidante de chalconas derivadas da combretastatina" (Synthesis and evaluation of antimicrobial and antioxidant activity of combretastatin-like chalcones) Renata de Carvalho Feitosa; Ketan Ruparelia
2. Athens Institute For Education and Research (ATINER): 2nd Annual International Conference on Pharmaceutical Sciences, 4-7 May 2015, Athens, Greece; Plenary Presentation ‘Resveratrol and Synthetic Analogues: From Cardioprotective Effects to Anticancer Activities http://www.atiner.gr/pharmako
3. Phytochemical Society of Europe International Symposium: Trends in Natural Products; Research, 23rd -25th June 2014, Olomouc, Czech Republic. Abstract, poster (ISBN 978-0-9565402-0-0): ‘An Extraction, Purification and Characterisation of the lignans Podophyllotoxin and β-Peltatin from Podophyllum peltatum.
Poster presentation: “An Extraction, Purification and Characterisation of the lignans Podophyllotoxin and β-Peltatin from Podophyllum peltatum”
4. Phytochemical Society of Europe 2nd International Symposium: Natural Products in Cancer Prevention and Therapy; Trends in Natural Products Research, 25th - 28th June 2013, Naples, Italy. Abstract, poster and short lecture (ISBN -13978-0-9565472-2-4): http://www.phytochemicalsociety.org/naples/
‘Effects of a Natural Extract of Chestnut Wood (Castanea sativa Mill.) rich in ellagitannins, with anticancer effects, towards cardiovascular system
“Isolation, purification and identification of Crocin and Kaempferol, powerful antioxidants, in Crocus sativus L. Flowers
“Phytoestrogens as Natural Prodrugs in Cancer Prevention: towards a Mechanistic model”
5. Phytochemical Society of Europe International Symposium: Trends in Natural Products
Research, 11th -14th April 2010, De Montfort University, Leicester. Abstract, poster and short lecture (ISBN 978-0-9565402-0-0): ‘Artemisinin-Chalcone hybrid preparation as potential antitumor prodrugs’.
6. Science, Engineering and Technology (SET), 9th March 2009 at the House of Commons Terrace Marguee. Poster presentation: ‘A Smart Bullet to Target Breast Cancer’.
7. Phytochemical Society of Europe International Symposium: Natural Products in Cancer Therapy, 23rd-26th September 2008, Naples, Italy. Poster presentation: ‘Purification, Characterization & Metabolite Synthesis of Nobiletin and Tangeretin’.
8. UK GRAD Midland Hub Poster Competition, 23 rd April 2008, De Montfort University, Leicester. Best poster prize: ‘Stilserene (DMU 212)-A smart bullet to Target Breast Cancer’.
9. National Organic Symposium Trust (NOST); 3rd NOST Conference for Research Scholars, 15th-18th November 2007, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, India. Short lecture: ‘The Design and Synthesis of CYP-activated Anticancer Prodrugs’.
10. M.R.Craven, L.H. Patterson, K. C. Ruparelia (1992) Use of N-oxides of DNA affinic anthraquinones as bioreductive prodrugs. Annals of Oncology. 3 (1), 94. Poster presented at the seventh NCI/EORTC meeting on New Drugs in Cancer Therapy, Amsterdam (Mar. 1992).
11. M.R.Craven, G.R.Fisher, L.H. Patterson, K. C. Ruparelia (1992) N-oxides of DNA affinic agents as bioreductive activated prodrugs. Proceedings of the 83rd Annual Meeting of the American Association of Cancer Research, San Diego, USA (May 1992). Published in Proc Am Assoc Cancer Res., (33),
12. M.R.Craven, L.H. Patterson, K. Ruparelia (1993) Activity of novel anthraquinone-N-oxide prodrug DNA binding agents against murine colon adenocarcinomas in vivo. The PAMM Winter Meeting, Pharmacogenetic and Anticancer drug metabolism, France (Jan. 1993)
13. M.R.Craven, L.H. Patterson, K. Ruparelia (1993) Activity of novel anthraquinone-N-oxide prodrug DNA binding agents against murine colon adenocarcinomas in vivo. The British Association for Cancer Research, Sheffield (Mar. 1993). Published in Brit J Cancer, 67(S20) 85.
14. M.R.Craven, L.H. Patterson, K. Ruparelia (1993) Aliphatic N-oxides as prodrug DNA binding agents: a new class of bioreductive activated antitumour agent. 8th International Conference on Chemical Modifiers of Cancer Treatment, Kyoto, Japan (Jun. 1993)
15. Y. Giles, M. Craven, L.H.Patterson, K.Ruparelia, P. Teesdale-Spittle (1994) Relationship between DNA binding affinity, inhibition of Topoisomerase II and cytotoxicity of some novel alkylaminoanthraquinone antitumour agents: development of prodrugs. The British Pharmaceutical Conference, London (Sept. 1994). J Pharm Pharmac 1994
16. Y. Giles, M. Craven, L.H.Patterson, K.Ruparelia, P. Teesdale-Spittle (1994) N-oxides of alkylaminoanthraquinone antitumour agents as prodrug Topoisomerase II inhibitors. International Meeting on Medicinal Chemistry, Bath, UK (Sept. 1994)
17. L. Hoon, P.J. Perry, G.A. Potter, K. Ruparelia (1999) Design and Synthesis of Aromatic Prodrugs for Cancer Chemotherapy. De Montfort University, Leicester (Sept. 1999)
18. T. M. El-Gogary, L. H. Patterson, K. Ruparelia, P. Teesdale-Spittle, M. I. Needham (2001) Charge-Transfer Complexes of some Models of DNA-Affinic Agents. COMPUTER CHEMISTRY CENTER University of Erlangen, Germany
19. Interaction of anthraquinone anti-cancer drugs with DNA. Tarek M. El-Gogary1, Laurence H. Patterson, Ketan Ruparelia, Paul Teesdale-Spittle, Michael I. Needham and M. S. Soliman School of Chemistry, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1TS, UK
20. Potter, G.A., Patterson, L.H., Wanogho, E., Perry, P.J., Butler, P.C., Ijaz, T., Ruparelia, K.C., Wilsher, N.E., Stanley, L.A. and Burke, M.D. (2001) Human cytochrome P450 CYP1B1 metabolises the natural cancer preventative compound, resveratrol, to the anticancer agent, piceatannol. Drug Met Rev 33 (Suppl 1), 83.
21. Potter, G.A., Patterson, L.H., Wanogho, E., Perry, P.J., Butler, P.C., Ijaz, T., Ruparelia, K.C., Wilsher, N.E., Stanley L.A. and Burke, M.D. (2001) Metabolism of the natural cancer preventative agent resveratrol to the anticancer agent piceatannol by cytochrome P450 CYP1B1. 153. In: British Pharmaceutical Conference Proceedings 2001. Pharmaceutical Press. (ISBN: 0-85369-512-1).
22. Potter, G.A., Butler, P.C., Ruparelia, K.C., Ijaz, T., Wilsher, N.E., Wanogho, E., Tan, H.L., Hoang, T.T.V., Stanley, L.A. and Burke, M.D. (2002) DMU-212: A novel CYP1B1 activated anticancer prodrug. Brit J Cancer 86 (Suppl. 1), S117.
23. Wilsher, N.E, Butler, P.C., Ijaz, T., Ruparelia, K.C., Tan, H.L., Wanogho, E., Burke, M.D. and Potter, G.A. (2003) Selective metabolism of resveratrol by human CYP1 family isozymes. J Chemother 15 (Suppl. 1), 108.
24. Butler, P.C., Ruparelia, K.C., Ijaz, T., Tan, H.L., Wilsher, N.E., Perry, P.J., Burke, M.D. and Potter, G.A. (2003) DMU-135: A CYP1B1 activated tyrosine kinase inhibitor prodrug with tumour selective activity. Brit J Cancer 87 (Suppl. 1), S33.
25. Pors K, Paniwnyk Z, Ruparelia KC, Teesdale-Spittle PH, Hartley JA, Kelland LR, Patterson LH. 2004. Synthesis and biological evaluation of novel chloroethylaminoanthraquinones with potent cytotoxic activity against cisplatin-resistant tumour cells. J Med Chem.;47(7):1856-9
26. Sale S, Tunstall RG, Ruparelia KC, Potter GA, Steward WP, Gescher AJComparison of the effects of the chemopreventive agent resveratrol and its synthetic analog trans 3,4,5,4 '-tetramethoxystilbene (DMU-212) on adenoma development in the Apc(Min+) mouse and cyclooxygenase-2 in human-derived colon cancer cells. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF CANCER 115 (2): 194-201 JUN 10 2005
27. Sale S, Verschoyle RD, Boocock D, Ruparelia KC. Pharmacokinetics in mice and growth-inhibitory properties of the putative cancer chemopreventive agent resveratrol and the synthetic analogue trans 3,4,5,4 '-tetramethoxystilbene . BRITISH JOURNAL OF CANCER 90 (3): 736-744 FEB 9 2004