Graduation booking policy
We will endeavour to accommodate all reasonable access requirements that we are made aware of. Please state these requirements at the time of booking where possible or email two weeks before your ceremony firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we may not be able to accommodate your needs if you notify us on the day of your ceremony.
Babies and toddlers
Of course your Graduation is a time of family celebration of your achievements and children are welcome to attend. However, the graduation ceremonies are formal occasions and we do not recommend that babies and young children attend. The production will include moments of darkness and loud music and noise, so if you do intend on bringing along younger guests you may want to consider bringing ear defenders. Unfortunately we cannot supply these. We respectfully request that small children be taken outside if they become unsettled during the ceremony so as not to disturb proceedings.
The safety and well-being of children is the responsibility of accompanying adults and must be adhered to at all times throughout the ceremony, including the ceremony finale where graduands and guests are invited onto the platform. In addition, children cannot be cared forby DMU members of staff and must be accompanied at all times.
Please also note that ALL guests, including babies in arms and toddlers need to be in possession of their own ticket (£15 each) to ensure that we comply with the venue capacity restrictions.
Photographs and filming for publicity and promotional use
Please be aware that there will be filming and photographs taken at the graduation events. The photographs and film footage may be used by DMU for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes including live streaming on the university’s social media channels and the website. These photographs will be taken at random and should not be considered to be an official photograph of your day and will not be available to purchase. Should you require a commemorative graduation photograph, please ensure to book a photography session with William Northam by visiting their website williamnortham.com
Terms and conditions of sale
- Additional tickets cannot be guaranteed at any stage.
- Tickets are non-refundable after dispatch by the University.
- The University reserves the right to refuse admissions where it believes other patrons comfort, enjoyment or security may be affected.
- The University reserves the right to provide alternative tickets to those dispatched.
- Due to Health and Safety regulations all participants and guests at the ceremonies are required to be seated.
- Children under the age of 16 are not allowed into the hall without being accompanied by an adult and cannot be seated with graduates.
- All graduands and guests must be seated at least 30 minutes before the ceremony starts.
- Latecomers will only be admitted during a suitable break in the ceremony but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
The University will only offer a refund for guest tickets in the following circumstances:
Refunds will not be available for:
- Any administrative fees paid.
- Guest tickets no longer required if the graduand is unable to graduate due to having outstanding debts to the University.