Staff travel options
We are committed to creating an environmentally friendly workplace, and ensuring that our employees can get to work safely and sustainably.
As such, our Travel Plan not only details information about our car parking but also offers incentives for staff to avoid car travel, including:
- Discounts on local public transport
- Secure cycling faclities and showers on campus
- Free equipment to help secure and maintina your bicycle.
myPTP Personalised Travel Plans
myPTP is a personalised travel plan tool for your commute that, in addition to options for cycling, walking and public transport, is also able to offer car-share choices (from the public Leicestershare database). It’s hosted by car-share specialists Liftshare and provided free to DMU staff via our membership of Smartgo Leicester.
How to use:
- No registration is necessary; simple click on the link myPTP and fill in the details of your journey.
- Your data will be collected by Smartgo Leicester and your journey will be analysed.
- After a 1-2 working days an email will be sent to you detailing the travel choices available to you for the journey including travel details, times, number of changes, petrol costs, CO2 emitted and calories.
- Your data will be stored securely so that, if you wish, you can access your plan in the future. It will not be shared with any other parties.
Planning Your Journey to DMU
Visit the Choose How You Move website for travel information in Leicester and Leicestershire. Explore the possible options now and see what a difference it could make to your travel around the county
Phase Three Travel Plan
Read about Phase Three of DMU's Travel Plan.
Travel Plan Progress
Travel Plan Meeting Minutes
Read about our Travel Plan and what we have achieved to date.
Furthermore, take a look at our Travel Action Plan for Phase 3 of the Travel Plan, detailing specific actions and initiatives aimed at helping us to achieve our goals.
Travel Survey Report 2016
DMU recently canvassed staff and students regarding their transport habits, read about the results of the survey.
To access forms to apply for a parking permit please click here .